June 16, 2013

Temporary Retirement

I'm afraid this is a bit of a sad message. I have to accept the inevitable and do a temporary retirement from food blogging. It's been a long time coming I guess, I just haven't been able to blog in the same volume and enthusiasm as I had been in the past. 

Things are just too chaotic. We have a new baby on the way, we're moving to a different city, I'm starting my third and final practicum, and I'm trying to finish summer classes and a part-time job as well. It's just not in the cards right now. 

I really appreciate a lot of the friends that I have met along the way. You all know who you are. I appreciate the comments and the genuine interest in how my life is going. Never did I think I would create a food blog, but end of creating better connections in the end. 

I don't plan on leaving the food blogosphere, I am merely sitting back and commenting, instead of a full participant. You can still expect to see me comment and enjoying your blogs! Hopefully I'll be able to return to a full partner again in the future! 

Thanks again for the support and friendship. Good luck to you all! 

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have many good, valid reasons to take a temporary retirement. Congrats on all the exciting things in store for you + your family in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jeff, you definitely have a full plate (no pun intended). Best of luck with everything and hopefully we will see you back sooner, rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( This makes me sad. Keep in touch FBBFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad to see you go, but sounds like you are very busy at the moment, and sometimes things like food blogging need to take a back seat to real life. All the best, hopefully see you at some point again in the future! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you the very best! :) Make sure to do a quick post when the baby is born. I'm very excited for you and your wife and cannot wait to congratulate you on your new little one once he/she makes her/his debut. I'm sad to see you won't be blogging much anymore, but I can totally understand. It's tough to be constantly busy. It's tough to find time to cook and be inspired. And then to write up a post. Have a wonderful summer Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the feeling!! Best wishes on the upcoming changes and especially the newlittle one!! It does sound like life will be a bit crazy and busy but it is all good stuff :-) and it the busyness will not last forever.

    ReplyDelete